X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCE 2007 target computers stuck in Pending Management area

Hello

Wonder if anyone has encountered this.

In SCE 2007, if I use the 'Add new computers and devices' wizards to add in new managed computers, although most are added successfully, a few remain in the 'Pending Management' area with the following message:

"The installation of this agent is still in progress. if a computer remains in this state for an extended period of time, reject the computer from this view and retry discovery and agent installation."

These computers are on the network, pingable, I can remote control them using other remote tools such as dameware, they have the same spec as the other pc's in the estate, Windows XP SP2, McAfee VirusScan Ent, the users report no issues with them.

Yet they just sit in the Pending Management area, and the agent is not installed.

Anyone know why this happens to only certain pc's?

Thanks in advance

Taw

Re: SCE 2007 target computers stuck in Pending Management area

Is the firewall enabled on those machines by any chance? If so you may need to add exeption for (SMB) port (TCP/UDP 445) and the RPC port (TCP 135) if not already done.

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for replying pal

None of the pc's have the windows firewall running.

Weird thing is that some of the agents, I uninstalled from the console, which worked successully, but when I go to reinstall the agent on the same computer, the install just sits in the Pending Management area.

Had so much bother with SCE 2007 - what an utterly dire product.

Shame on Microsoft for selling this.

Cheers

T

Comment

Hi,

Have a look at this one to see if it helps: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-7bcc8b79ca44/

Ta
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hey there

This was all my fault, not SCE's!

Sorry Microsoft!

The server had suffered from stop errors for a two days, I installed Debugger for Windows to read the crash dumps, which highlighted the HP nic driver.

I replaced the driver and broke the team, since only one card was patched (again, I didn't build this server).

Anyway, when the server first rebooted after the nic team was broken, the card picked up an ip address from dhcp. I quickly changed this to the static address, but the bugger created a host record in dns pointing to the dhcp address, not the correct server address.

Once I corrected this, all pc's in the pending queue disapeared.

Total plonker, me.

T

Comment

Working...
          X