Need Help verifying seccessful installation of SCCM 2007 client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help verifying seccessful installation of SCCM 2007 client

I am new to SCCM 2007 and have just setup a mixed mode primary site.
    All client approval settings are default, that is auto approval in trusted site. Intranet FQDN is configured.
    I created a collection of two computers and pushed client installation.
    The installation seemed to OK, although I don't know how to verify if it is successful.
    After the installation, the client computers are still listed as: Client: NO and Approved: N/A
    The HELP says you can right click the client computer and select Approve to manually approve, BUT Approve is not available to me on right click.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Need Help verifying seccessful installation of SCCM 2007 client

Look in the event logs on the clients to see if there are any events indicating that the installation completed. Also look on the client hard drives to see if there's anything relating to the SCCM client - I'm not sure where it is installed to, but a good place to start would be Program Files.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I just found out. But it is bit strange!
      To push the client software, I created a custom collection which contain two computers. Client status in this custom collection folder for Client and Approved are listed as NO and N/A respectively.
      However, if I look into other default collection folders, e.g. All Systems, All Windows XP Systems, Client is YES and Approved is Approved.
      A bit strange but I verified.

Thanks for all the replies.
      Last edited by Mengla; 8th December 2008, 17:35.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

the best way to verify a successful installation is to download the sms 2003 tool kit. In this kit you will find the mptrace. Use this util to open the log files. Open the ccmsetup.log file on the client using this utility.

Comment

Working...
          X