Bandwidth and BottleNecking Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth and BottleNecking Software

Hi all, I am looking for software to determine where bottlenecks or bandwidth issue on my network. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bandwidth and BottleNecking Software

What about tracert from the command prompt?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by jeremydavila View Post
      Hi all, I am looking for software to determine where bottlenecks or bandwidth issue on my network. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
      Depends on what kind of network we are talking (an big company network will require an expensive tool that can monitor routers & switches.

An small home or small business network just monitor youre router and switches manually.

Comment

Cacti and SmokePing are the first two things that come to mind. They're FOSS.

For a price, there's Ping Plotter. You may want to look into things like NetFlow and SFlow if you network devices have it. SNMP could also be a help to you.

Does any of that look appealing?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
        X