Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOM database is full.

Hi,

We are using MOM 2005 to monitor our servers. Now the "SystemCenterReporting" Database is full and we do not have much space available on the disk to increase the DB size.

I have gone through lots of docs and found that we can truncate the DB but it reduce the transaction log size only. I have also reduced the time for grooming job.

Is there any way to purge few percentage of current data so that I can create some space in DB instently?

Thanks,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Re: MOM database is full.

The database is probably set to autogrow so it will grow on it's own as long as it has available disk space. If you backup the transaction log then you can truncate the transaction log which will reduce it's size. Whether or not it reduces it enough is another story. Other than that you can try to free up disk space by deleting other files. Do a search in Windows Explorer for files that are at leat 10MB and see what's there and then delete what you think is not neccessary.

Comment

Re: MOM database is full.

Thanks Joeqwerty,

Yes, earlier it was set to grow automatically and as of now we have unchecked that option but the file is already grown to a significant level

Although still few GBs are left so I can amange with the current file size but that file is 90% full so I was looking if there is any way to free some space from the actual DB not from the transaction logs.......

Any way thanks a lot for your response.

Regards,
      Kapil Sharma
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Working...
      X