No announcement yet.

Advertisement error in SMS 11203 & 10007

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertisement error in SMS 11203 & 10007

Hi All,

For testing environment I have installed SMS server with SP3 on WIN 2003 ent OS with SP1, I also have installed a client with same OS. I have installed security Update Inventory tool, I run distribute software update wizard and applied some patches which are not installed on client but they are required. created an advertisement also for that package. Applied on the collection whr client exists. but When advertisement runs on client its showing the below errors in "advertisement status". I checked it from Microsoft, it provides the solution.

Error: Software updates evaluation failed: could not locate the scan component of the specified software update inventory tool. The scan component advertisement might not have run on the client computer.

Possible cause: Incorrect package and program name in the Scan.ini file.
    Solution: Verify that the package and program name specified in the scan.ini file are correct.

Possible cause: Scan component was never run on client.
    Solution: Specify that the scan component is run in a program dependency of the software updates package. This will ensure that new client computers always run the scan component before software update installation is attempted.

Solution from microsoft site for this event ID : 11203
    To resolve this issue, you must change the software updates package to use the correct scan tool package with the Distribute Software Updates Wizard. Then, you must re-advertise the software updates package to the SMS Clients.

Pls help in this matter.

I have applied same method recommended at
    Scenarios and Procedures for SMS 2003: Software Distribution and Patch Management

"Never expect things to happen..struggle and make them happen."