Free NMS for Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free NMS for Windows

I'm looking for some NMS software that will run on a Windows server. Free is preferable (obviously).

I did some googling and only found pay versions or free *NIX versions.

BTW - I'm a novice with SNMP....
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Re: Free NMS for Windows

Jeremy,

I would take a look at Hyperic HQ (http://www.hyperic.com/products/hq_oss.html) The HQ Version is OSS and runs on either *nix or Windows. I downloaded the VM Ware Appliance for it and worked with it for about a week while looking for an NMS solution. I had it running on localhost and tried some remote hosts but had no luck... (hacked through it too though aka. didn't read much of the manual ) I also found the graphs a bit weird to read...

I have also tested some others that you may be interested in it you have a VM Ware server...
    Oreon - Centreon - Based off of Nagios (FYI Interface is in French but can be changed)
    Zenoss - Another Nagios Spin Off
    OpenNMS - SNMP Monitoring
    Nagios - Network Monitoring (Non Appliance)

Of course they are all *nix based but do have VM Appliances with a Web Interface for setup and monitoring that can be download.

Also I have not made a final decision yet, it became really swamped at work and this project was put on the Back-Burner... I like features they provide but I think I am going to attempt to build my own using OOS Software and creating an interface for it...
    Hope this helps.

Nate

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I can thoroughly recommed Nagios. We used it in my last role. Bit of a bugger to configure if your a complete Linux newbie but once it's set-up it works a treat. Loads of support out there as well

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll check it out. But it's gonna have to wait for a week. I'm going to the beach!!
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X