No announcement yet.

mom and sms worth buying?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom and sms worth buying?

i am looking forward to buy mom and sms, anybody knows how much it cost? any other software better than sms or mom? can sms or mom manage clients or server remotely? i.e renaming the hostname, add or install software... can sms do patch management? i.e deploy updates? what about ADS?

Re: mom and sms worth buying?

You've asked a mouthful. The two links below can tell what the products can do and how much they cost... you just have to do some reading.

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

I would rather suggest a book or six... this is a HUGE subject. Of course, there's a lot to be said for using Microsoft to Monitor and Manage Microsoft... but there are other products out there...

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

True, But no one knows Microsoft Better then microsoft.

about the pricing, it depends on what kind licensing agreement your company has with microsoft. for example, if you have enterprise agreement with core cal in it, the SMS client licenses don't cost a single thing.
        Yaniv Feldman
        Microsoft Security Regional Director
        Microsoft Management Expert
        MCSA, MCSE, MCT

Originally posted by yanivfel View Post
          True, But no one knows Microsoft Better then microsoft.
          Well... usually I would agree with that statement, but not in the case of SMS. If you ask me, there are management applications that are doing not worse (might be even much better ) than SMS in managing and provisioning the infrastructure.

As for MOM, it's very good at catching and analyzing what is going on in your MS infrastructure, but it's workflow is lacking and is quite cumbersome. My personal opinion is that MOM 2005 is not "polished" enough as of current version. Next one is looking quite promising though...
          Guy Teverovsky

"Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"