GPO local computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO local computer

How to create GPO only for an user in a local computer? I am trying, but it also applies for the administrator

Re: GPO local computer

Hi WinXP BR.

If this is a Active Directory environment you can use filtering but this will only apply to the user settings in your case. All computer settings that are applied to the computer will affect all users who logon.

If it's just the local group policy, I don't think there's any way to filter it.

If you want to share what you're trying to accomplish there may be someone that can help.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

As JeremyW say's there is no way of creating a GPO that applies for only one user on a local computer.

The only thing i can think of is to edit the local computer policy. You can do this by typing gpedit.msc in teh run dialogue box.

Comment

I heard to say that is possible yes, you should copy the file REGISTRY.POL(%systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy) and to make the logoff later the user's logon is a difficult process for that am asking.

Comment

Originally posted by WinXP BR
          I heard to say that is possible yes, you should copy the file REGISTRY.POL(%systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy) and to make the logoff later the user's logon is a difficult process for that am asking.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying/asking. Could you try again being as clear as possible and maybe with more detail?
          Regards,
          Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

They had said me that "registry.pol" is a called archive that you can you change it of directory to only apply for an user

Comment

I think I know what you're talking about. You're saying that you read somewhere that you can control who applies the local group policy user configuration.

Yes, this is true. (which I didn't know until about 5 minutes ago) You can set it up so that users are split into two categories; ones that apply policy and ones that do not.

This link tells you how http://www.theeldergeek.com/gp07.htm

Be sure to configure the policy before you change the permissions. What you'll be doing is denying the Administrator (or whoever you want) read permission so that the account won't be able to apply the policy. Obviously if you can't read the file, you won't be able to modify it either.

HTH
              Regards,
              Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

OK, functioned perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by WinXP BR
                  OK, functioned perfectly!

I think you'll run into problems eventually as your basically denying access to the GPO for the administrator.

Bad move in my opinion but if your happy.

Comment

Working...
                  X