Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• force logoff on users

hello..

i would like to know how could i make users to log-off after the time they need to logg off..

let's say they are working from 08:00 to 17:00 and i want that in 17:00 the computer will log-off.
    inspite that i used a gpo and set "Microsoft network server:disconnect clients when logon hour.." and "Network security: force logoff when logon hours expiers".

the users that are using the computer are not being loged-off.

please help me.
    thanx

Re: force logoff on users

Configure logon hours for the account in Active Directory Users and Computers (see screenshot)

Then configure a GPO to forcefully disconnect users when logon time expires.

Jas
    Attached Files
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I'm having the same problem:

I need to force my users to log off.

I know where to define logon/logoff hours, but how in the world can I force a log off to all connected users after logon hours have expired? There's no such Group Policy that does such a thing! At least non that I can find - but I REALLY looked - I swear!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gantlett View Post
        I'm having the same problem:

I need to force my users to log off.

I know where to define logon/logoff hours, but how in the world can I force a log off to all connected users after logon hours have expired? There's no such Group Policy that does such a thing! At least non that I can find - but I REALLY looked - I swear!

Thanks.
        You are adding to an old thread. You should really start a new one.

The GPO spot is:
        Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Network security: Force logoff when logon hours expire

It appears (searching Google) there are issues getting this to work reliably to log folks off the local machine that have gone home and machines are idle.

I think the key is "Network security" and that this seems to affect network connections versus the physical workstation -- just speculation on my part.

Let us know how it goes for you.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X