gpo filtering by security groups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo filtering by security groups

I have setup a test Ad structure w2k dc and a w2k3 dc and two clients a w2k pro client and a xp pro client all machines can see and talk to each other. Here is the problem I am doing some group policy testing I have a domain local group with a global group as its member with the users in the global group, all text book stuff.

So I go and setup a gpo setting with a desktop setting a program to run at setup, it works with authenticated users selected for applying group policy and the dlg with apply group policy, but not when you remove authenticated users. I have also setup another dlg with another gg as its member as before, and I have denied the new dlg the apply group policy permission but the policy is being applied, I am pulling my hair out here !!!!

Many Thanks in advance.

Re: gpo filtering by security groups

Hello,
    You wrote "..I go and setup a gpo setting with a desktop setting a program to run at setup.."

It seems that your GPO should applay to Computer configuration. In this cause, the global group has to contain computer accounts and not user accounts.
    At what level did you applay this GPO?
    Please come back with more details.
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Working...
    X