Clients wont apply GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clients wont apply GPO

I have a server 2003 standard which I have installed the GPO editor, I have configured the default domain policy under my domain name in the editor but for some reason my clients 2will not pickup the change, the domain controller has, but no other machines, I have made the changes then run gpupdate and nothing happens nothing is logged on the server or on the client machine if I go to gpresult it says "INFO: The user "mydomain\user" does not have RSOP Data.

I have done a registrtry key refresh on a client machine but still no change, can some one help me out here please.

Re: Clients wont apply GPO

rather than chaging the default policy have you tried creating a new. M$ reccomend you leave the default alone.

Comment

This is probably worth a go but not sure if this will fix my problem about them not getting the gpo settings

Comment

Check to see if you've configured the "Default Domain Controller Policy" instead of the "Default Domain Policy"
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Which policy should be configured ? the default domain policy or the default domain controller policy, I thought the default domain controller policy was for the server only am I incorrect,

Comment

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. Check to see if you configured the Default Domain Controller policy by mistake.
            You do want to configure the Default Domain policy.

Some things to check for if you've correctly configured the Default Domain policy:
            Download and install the GPMC if you haven't already. Then:
            -See if "Block Inheritance is enabled on any of the OUs (a blue "!" on the OU folder)
            -Check the scope of the policy. Make sure it can be applied by the computers.
            -Use RSoP in planning mode to see if "in theory" it should work. If it does, use RSoP in logging mode (user must have logged on at least once to run a query on it)
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

yer i didnt do the domain controller policy I will check the few other ideas you have given me thanks.

Comment

Check these 2 pics and tell em if it looks right fromt here I can see any problems with any of the stuff you suggested.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark0
                  Check these 2 pics and tell em if it looks right fromt here I can see any problems with any of the stuff you suggested.
                  The scope looks fine. Did you run the RSoP wizard? What are the settings you're trying to apply?
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Ok the issue is something weird, I have checked the same setup on other servers and its all fine, this server seem sot be having a trust issue or domian issue, when I try to use the rsop to log to a remote computer it cant access the other computer it says access denied, i do not have permission.
                    I ran rsop on one of the clients and it has not gotten any gpo in a long time from the server, there seems to be some weird trust thing happening as when i also go to the local users pc and go to users in control panel I try to add a domain user to the local security accounts I cant browse the servers active directory it just cant see anything only the local computer, now I have removed the pcs account off the server and rejoined the domain to no avail...any ideas or how i should go about trouble shooting this, as I think once I fix the security issue the GPO will indeed work (GPO on the server works fine)

Cheers all

Comment

Is there any firewalls in the way? Have you done any tweaking to the client computers such as disabling services?
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I have not done any tweaking, BUT I have taken over support of this site from someone else so I am figuring out what the hell they have done, they arem running winroute on the server currently, this will be disabled soon once I get the new DSL and router connection to this machine.

Comment

Is the clock on the client computers in sync with the DC? By default, if there's a difference of more than five minutes you won't be able to authenticate.
                          Regards,
                          Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I just checked one client and it was 3 mins difference, if the clock is out a long way out from the server it does not let you log on at all does it, not just authentification issues.
                            It seems some things are ok, as they can log onto the domain with no worries.

Comment

One last thing to check then I'm stumped.

Make sure the sysvol share has the proper permissions.
                              http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...ghlight=sysvol

If that's not it (and I'm a pessimist at heart) then you'll have to wait for someone that actually has some knowledge
                              Regards,
                              Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X