Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on deploying applications

Hi,

I want to assign an application to a particular user security group. Not having access to test this right now, can I assign the application under user settings in the GPO, remove the authenticated users under scope and add the security group I created for this application?

So long as the users in this group have GPO read and apply rights I think this should work but I am wondering if I need to add any computer accounts (as authenticated sers covers both) to get this to work (which is what I want to avoid)

Re: Quick question on deploying applications

Hello,

It is correct. The scope of GP can be filtering with security groups. The target sec. gr. should have read and apply rights.
    Computer accounts are not relevant here. (Of course, the computers should be member of the domain )
    Just a single advice, make sure that your application's central distribution point is accessible for the security group, the group has at least read NTFS and share permission.
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Re: Quick question on deploying applications

Good point, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X