Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default User

Hi Every Body.
    I Want To Use One User Account In My Active Directory Named ( Gate 1) To Be The Default User Account When I Log On To Specific Computer In My Network Even If I Was Used Another Account Before Shutdown Or Restart This Computer.
    So I Have A Little Question.
    Is There Any Option In Group Policy To Do That?

Re: Default User

Sorry Mate but I am finding it a bit difficult to understand your request.

do you want all machines on your nextwork to automatically logon with the 'Gate 1 ' Account whenever you switch them on??

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I Appreciate Your Care.
      Yes I Want To Do That But JUST With Two Machines.
      Thanks

Comment

Not too sure if there is a GPO that will do this but you may wanna look at Tewak UI from:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Pretty sure there is an option log the machine on automatically to the network. Not too sure how secure it is but if your allowing a machine to automatically log onto the network then your not too fussed about the security aspects.

Other people might have some better ideas

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Based on Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;315231
          It can be accomplished by recording the user name and its password in registry.
          Since you have only two kisok PCs there is no sens to work with GP.
          I agree with Michael regarding to security concerns.
          The user that log on should have minimal rights.
          I would prefer to be a local user without any domain related permissions.
          Regards,
          Csaba Papp
          MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
          Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Did It.
            Thank You Very Much
            You Are A Great Man
            Thanks
            To All Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X