No announcement yet.

install program right

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install program right

I need to give some users the right to install progrmas over there xp machines.
    I dont want to give them administrative privillage, the only needed is install programs right.

is there are a policy or Delgation control thruogh active directory can be done?

thanks in advance

Re: install program right

Is the software deployment method going to utilize published or advertised software installations via Active Directory GPO, or do you want users do launch a software installation themselves from a network drive or network share?

I want to say that using published/advertised packages via GPO allows the software to be installed with elevated privileges which would meet your needs, but I can't guarantee that 100% as I don't publish apps via GPO so I'm a bit rusty in that area. The following links should be helpful:

As far as the latter method, you will definitely need to find a way to install the applications with elevated privileges. We normally do this with 3rd party software deployment utilities such as Altiris (or whatever - SMS, WinInstall, etc.). RunAs wouldn't be a good candidate here because giving an end user the correct RunAs command would also give them (in plain text) an elevated account and password in the process!
    Last edited by jasonboche; 3rd May 2006, 15:44. Reason: spelling. horrible.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

actually ,in my situation I have a group of trainees that they have to install there own softwares on certain computers, so I need to give them this right without any administrative privillage.

many thanks

hi if u dont want to give admiisrtrator right

u can add that user to backup opearator group after this they can install programs
        try it