Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Internet Files Location

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I work in a school where we have a problem whereby the location of the Temporary Internet Files folder on all the windows 2000/XP computers that have been deployed is set to C:\windows\temporary internet files. The problem with this is that most standard users don't have permission to write to this directory which causes all sorts of problems for certain sites, downloading files etc. Now i know that on a per computer basis changing the location is easy enough, i have exported a registry key that you can simply run which will change the settings of the cache value in the key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

The problem with this is that it only works on a per user basis, being a school a lot of the computers we have are used by multiple users, running this fix on every computer for every user just isn't feasible so i looked at deploying this key via group policy. As far as i can see though, there is no "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" key in the registry section of the group policy. What can i do about this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jonno

Re: Temporary Internet Files Location

Why not write it as a vbs file and apply it that way via the login script.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ezine/ezine64.htm

Comment

That's brilliant, got it working a treat. Many thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno_2
        That's brilliant, got it working a treat. Many thanks for your help.
        No problem m8. Glad to see its working for you.

Comment

Working...
        X