Disk Quota Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Quota Error

I redirect my documents on my clients to \\server\share\user on a 2000 server (dc). I recently purchase another server 2003 to replace the old 2000. I changed every users properties (profile tab)to point to the new users share on the new server. I enabled disk quota with limits on the new server. Later I found out that one users computer was still setting the path for the old server. So I deleted his newly created my document folder on the new server and deleted and wrote the path to the new server again under the profile tab in his users properties. The path is correct now but the disk quota for this user reports more hard drive space being used than data in his my documents folder (this users folder is 4.66 gig at his decktop but the quota system is reporting 7.00 gig). I emptied the recycle bin on the server thinking the quota system was referencing ownership of the deleted my documents folder, but I'm still getting the incorrect amount of disk space being reported used by this user. I am afraid to delete this users entry in the quota properties because you have to take ownership of the files. Anybody with any ideas?

Re: Disk Quota Error

what quota manager are you using? the builtin windows one or something like veritas?
    i know veritas has problems with compressed folders. we need to have it recalculate the available disk space on compressed folders/disks from time to time.

did you check if there is a difference in numbers of folders and files on the server and the user's machine?
    Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

I am using builtin windows. I cannot see the number of files or file sizes in each users my document folder unless I take ownership. Do you know any way to see the contents or size without taking ownership.

Comment

no admin accounts on the folder permissions?
        in that case i would just contact a couple of users and ask for their cooperation.
        Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Chris I am not sure I am following you. Do you know a way that I can reset the quota manager so it can rescan? When I disable quota management and renable it, I still have the same entrys. If I change the main quota properties lets say from 3 to 4 gig, it will not refresh or update any user. I have to change the individual properties to get an update. I would like to start all over, but I havn't been able to figure out how.

Comment

Working...
          X