Can't change Folder Redirection via GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't change Folder Redirection via GPO

I have 50 users successfully redirecting My Documents to a server location via GPO in AD. As the server is running low on space, I need to move all re-directed folders from \\server1\share\%username%\My Documents to \\server2\share\%username%\My Documents, however, when I Edit the redirection properties, the redirection will not change from the old location. Additionally, new users added have no re-direction in place at all.

I've verified this by setting up new users, security groups & re-direction GPO. The same happens when the GPO is edited. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I force the new redirection location?

Re: Can't change Folder Redirection via GPO

Kinda silly but did you try the gpupdate /force on a client? or a /gpresult at a client to view that the policy is actually being applied?

I did have this issue before and I think that the new policy wasnt being refreshed or applied but don't quote me on it.

Comment

Bluewire, my friend.
      First, congratulations for joining this forum.
      Second, I wouldn't get angry if I wouldn't get an answer to this reply. Have you noticed that tomorrow will have it's first birthday?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Doh! That is too funny. I thought it was posted a few days ago. lol

Comment

You must be a time traveller... February 9th 2007 is tomorrow...
          This only demonstrates that it can happen to the best of us too

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X