Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• net use without driveletter

hello there,

what do I have to do in the logonscript to mount some shares so they appear under network hood without a driverletter?

So, I do not mean net use x:\ \\server\share

Any ideas?

Re: net use without driveletter

If you are using that exact way then you need to remove the "\" from the drive letter.

This

net use x:\ \\server\share

Should be this

net use x: \\server\share

Comment

sorry, typing fault, but I meant that I do not want to use a drive letter for the share. The Share should appear under the nethood folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
        sorry, typing fault, but I meant that I do not want to use a drive letter for the share. The Share should appear under the nethood folder.
        What you're looking for can be done by publishing the share to AD.

Open ADUC. Select the container you want to store the shared folder in and right-click it. Click New->Shared Folder from the context menu. In the dialog enter a name for the share and its UNC then click OK.

The share should be visible under My Network Places, Entire Network, Directory, Domain. To remove the new share, simply delete it in ADUC.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your answer, itīs a good way but not exactly what I want to do.

For Example ... Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition creates a share "vphome" where I want to have it. I know how to add this manually, but donīt know yet how to deploy it via gpo (the reason I have to do it without a driveletter is, that Iīm working in a new company and all driveletters available are busy already).

So, I think the users will complain if they have to do 2 clicks more to get to their networkresources. therefor my folders should be seen here:

- My Network Places
          +Entire Network
          +myshare at server (wich has to be created and deployed)
          +vphome at antivirusserver (this is the symantec-thing I mean)

Comment

Working...
          X