ActiveX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveX

I need to provide seamless experience for accessing WebSite that requires ActiveX.
    Did some search.... and created GPO. But it not works.

1. Allowed ActiveX for the required site on test computer.

2. In Add-Ons of Browser found the name of needed Add-on.

3. In C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files found files with the Add-on name:
    dll and inf. In inf file found:
    [CryptoHelperATL.dll]
    file-win32-x86=thiscab
    clsid={8BD32365-35F1-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXX}
    FileVersion=5,0,0,0
    RegisterServer=yes
    ; end of INF file

4. created GPO:

USER: Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer/Security Features\Add-On Manager
    In Add-on List Setting entered clsid for the Value Name (8BD32365-35F1-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXX} and 1 for the Value.

5. Policy was applied to newly logged in User, but when accessed the site the prompt for Allowing ActiveX popped up.

What I am missing?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mla; 24th February 2015, 22:37. Reason: typo
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: ActiveX

Have you allowed Active X on the zone?

Comment

no.
      didn't touch any other GPO. And just testing default browser settings.
      I can add even whole domain in trusted zone. But I guess it will wipe out all other
      sites if a user have others.
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

You will probably need to enable on the zone as well as add to the trusted sites.

Yes it will wipe out any that are already there.

If its an intranet site then edit the zone to allow Active X.

If its an internet site then you will need to make a conscious decision about whether to allow this access.

Comment

Actually on further checking you should be able to do this on a per site basis:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396

Comment

it looks exactly what I need.

How to use it with GPO. Pleas provide step by step...

For this example (from your link):

The following script demonstrates how to allow an ActiveX control to run on msn.com and microsoft.com.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
            [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Stats\{CLSID}\iexplore\AllowedDomain s] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Stats\{CLSID}\iexplore\AllowedDomain s\msn.com] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Stats\{CLSID}\iexplore\AllowedDomain s\microsoft.com]

Comment

Originally posted by mla View Post
              it looks exactly what I need.

How to use it with GPO. Pleas provide step by step...

For this example (from your link):

The following script demonstrates how to allow an ActiveX control to run on msn.com and microsoft.com.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
              [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Stats\{CLSID}\iexplore\AllowedDomain s] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Stats\{CLSID}\iexplore\AllowedDomain s\msn.com] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Ext\Stats\{CLSID}\iexplore\AllowedDomain s\microsoft.com]
              I'm not here to do your job for you.

I have given you the information you require to attempt this so use it and do your own research into how to implement registry keys with GPO.

Comment

You are right.
                Thanks.
                Should be in Preferences I believe.

Comment

Working...
                X