Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

user policy are not applied (not appear in Resultant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user policy are not applied (not appear in Resultant)

Hi,

1. I created GPO with computer settings only and enabled only computer.
    It worked fine.

2. Then I added user settings in the same policy and enabled both.

The problem:

User part is not applied.

Checked resultant on the DC.

Under user there is no Applied or Denied name of my GPO (it does appear in computer section).

The GPO object status is enabled for User and Computer on both DCs.

What I am missing?
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: user policy are not applied (not appear in Resultant)

Where is the GPO linked? Is the user account object in the path of the GPO? GPO's only affect objects that are in the Scope of Management of the GPO, which means the GPO has to be linked to the site, domain or an OU where the object exists.

Comment

oops... my bad.
      computer gpo is linked to OU where computers are... but users that need to get the User GPO are in different OUs. Sorry Joe....
      And just to be sure....
      User GPO will not work if I will link it to OU in which let say I will create a group and will make users from different OUs members of this group.
      In other words... the GPO will not apply to group even if the group is part of OU to which GPO will be applied. Right? Or wrong?
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

OK

so I found right info. The easiest way to link user GPO to the OU where users resides.
        I found the info that it is possible to apply to groups by filtering....

Thanks for pushing me to think a bit.
        Say truth I always applied GPOs to OUs. But this time something happened to me... Didn't touch GPO for a long time in dispersed structure. Just in particular OUs. That is why didn't met the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X