Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070524 The s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070524 The s

I have one GP for to change Administrator (built-in) user name.
    and its working fine for all others servers expect one.
    i checked the Event log, every 2/3 hours i am getting this warning.
    The computer 'Administrator (built-in)' preference item in the 'Server Administrator user acc Rename {94A84CD4-014E-442A-B6C6}' Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070524 The specified account already exists.' This error was suppressed.
    Please advice.

Re: Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070524 T

Is the option "apply once and do not reapply" enabled? You should only be applying this setting one time. Once the account is renamed you can't rename it again to the same name.

Comment

Re: Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070524 T

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Is the option "apply once and do not reapply" enabled? You should only be applying this setting one time. Once the account is renamed you can't rename it again to the same name.
      Hello Joe,
      please advice where to go to check this option.
      thank you

Comment

I assumed you were using Group Policy Preferences to do this. Is that correct? If so, then the setting is in the GPP item on the Common tab.
        Last edited by joeqwerty; 7th November 2013, 17:38.

Comment

I assumed you were using Group Policy Preferences to do this. Is that correct? If so, then the setting is in the GPP item on the Common tab.
          Yes, i found it.
          its On "Tik"
          anything else i need to do it?

Comment

I don't think so. Run gpupdate/force on the server and see if you get the same error.

Comment

I don't think so. Run gpupdate/force on the server and see if you get the same error.
              Yes, i ran gpupdate /force and got this warning in event viewer

"The computer 'Administrator (built-in)' preference item in the 'Server Admin Acc Rename {94A84CD4-014E-442A-B6C6-}' Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070524 The specified account already exists.' This error was suppressed."

please advice

Comment

OK. I'm out of ideas then. Sorry.

Comment

OK. I'm out of ideas then. Sorry.

No prob, Thank you for your Help and time.

Still Looking forward..

Comment

Does this give any help???
                    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...um=winserverGP
                    Marcel
                    Technical Consultant
                    Netherlands
                    http://www.phetios.com
                    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Are you by any chance renaming the account to the same thing as an account that has already been created?

What account name are you renaming the admin account to?
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                      X