GP Preferences not applying to Win8 IE10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP Preferences not applying to Win8 IE10

I have a Windows 2003 domain with predominately Win2003 domain controllers and a few new Win2008R2 SP1 AD controllers.

I have new Win8 machines on the network but found that some IE settings from existing GPOs are not applying.

I'm trying to set settings such as the home page, IE Favourites & IE Security settings.

Can someone explain to me what I need to do to get the GPO settings to apply to Win8 machines?

Thanks.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: GP Preferences not applying to Win8 IE10

I assume no one is support IE9 and/or IE10 in their environments?
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Comment

I think that to be able to manage IE9 and/or 10 settings via GP that you need to have IE9 and/or 10 installed on the machine from which you're editing GP.

Comment

I think Joeqwerty is right, same as making policies for server-based IE with Enhanced Security enabled, you have to be managing policy on a server with that turned on; or to set a specific service to a specific state using GP, the service has to be on the device where the policy is set.

If the policy applies to something only on a small sampling of servers/clients, then the policy must be done from one of those. Install the RSAT Active Directory tools on the device in question, make your policy settings, then remove the RSAT tools.
        *RicklesP*
        MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X