Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There a Way to Manage Firefox, Chrome or other Third Party Web Browsers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There a Way to Manage Firefox, Chrome or other Third Party Web Browsers?

I have been exclusively using Windows Group Policy to manage IE8 and IE9 which were the only web browsers we gave our users access to which made it so easy for us. Recently, we started using several browser based cloud applications that don't support IE. Their support teams have told us to use FireFox and Chrome although we have been experimenting with Opera too. The problem is of course that we don't know how to manage these browsers with GPOs which we have depended on as our primary means of managing applications settings. Is there a way to user GPOs to manage third party web browsers or do I need to look elsewhere to accomplish this and if so, where? Thanks so much for your help.

Re: Is There a Way to Manage Firefox, Chrome or other Third Party Web Browsers?

Hi, I know you can manage Firefox and chrome, not sure about opera.

http://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-templates

http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/Readme.htm
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Re: Is There a Way to Manage Firefox, Chrome or other Third Party Web Browsers?

Great application called PolicyPak developed by a company of the same name. Allows Group Policy Admins to make GPOs for a whole bunch of third party applications, YES non-Microsoft applications. It supports all of the major browsers such as the ones you list. You can then configure, deliver and sometimes lock down all of the settings in those applications. Works easy and well. Even comes in two free modes for you to try it out and work it out.

Comment

Working...
      X