Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow domain user to install specific software using software restriction/applocker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow domain user to install specific software using software restriction/applocker

Hi,

I'd like to ask:

When i use the domain user account to logging and install new software on the domain computer, it always prompt "you do not have sufficient privilege ...to install...log on as administrator then try again". I know that I can add the domain user to local admin group to solve the problem but I really don't want to make domain user to become local admin so they can have full control upon the domain computer. Therefore, I tried to create the GPO with software restriction policy to allow the specific software to be install using hash rule then applied it onto the mentioned domain user account, however, it didn't work, it still ask for administrative privilege in order to install the software, as same as applock policy.

So please help me to clarify, could I use the software restriction/applock policy to allow domain user to install specific software? If not, are there other methods except adding domain user into local admin group to accomplish it?

Many thanks.
Working...
X