No announcement yet.

task sched network batch file

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• task sched network batch file

i have a server 2008 as DC (domain level 2008 )
    and xp clients
    i am trying to push with the GPO a sched task that will run from the network a batch/exe file
    the task is being depoyed correctly but its not running , i dont get any audiot on it
    my guess its somthing to do with the username

i even tried from the command line but without a success

please advice

Last edited by biggles77; 16th August 2013, 15:25. Reason: Fix the 8) smilie

Re: task sched network batch file

What credentials does the task run under? If you're using a service account for the task, that account should be named in the group policy setting 'log on as a batch job', as a minimum. In Group Policy management, go to 'Computer Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Security Settings \ Local Policies \ User Rights Assignment. in the listing in the right pane, find the setting I mentioned and add the service acct name to whatever's already there.

As for checking other bits about this, look at any PC where the task is deployed to. In Control Panel, open Scheduled Tasks. At the top of the window under Advanced, click on 'View Log'. The text file that opens is a log file of all Sched. Task actions and their results. If the task is failing at the first step, then look for the date/time when it should have run and see what it tells you. What you want may be in the middle of the file, because the file gets overwritten from the top down (defined to be only so big).

If the task tries to run but doesn't like a network share as the starting point for the EXE, try changing the batch file which runs to add a 'net use' statement to map a drive letter, and call that letter instead of the share name. As a last step, then use 'net use' again to delete the mapping. Lots of help available for 'net use' commands.
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

now i fount this on the log

"Task Scheduler Service"
      Started at 19/08/2013 10:45:22
      "WWWSSS.job" (ws.exe)
      Started 19/08/2013 10:45:58
      "User_Feed_Synchronization-{4B484568-5A3A-43B1-BE74-E38007922780}.job" (msfeedssync.exe) 19/08/2013 10:48:00 ** ERROR **
      The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task.
      The specific error is:
      0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated.
      [ ***** Most recent entry is above this line ***** ]

I'm thinking Rickles is on the right track.

Are you using Group Policy Preferences to deploy the task?
        Are you using domain\username as the username format?
        Have you taken a look at the task's properties to see if they're showing correctly on a workstation?

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond