Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious problem

Hi, who could help me ?

I try to use startup script (outlook.vbs) and I placed them in shared directory on server:
    "\\servername\root.domainname.sk\Policies\{31B2F34 0-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\scripts\Startup\"
    Then I have created new GPO and named it "outlook". In properties of this object I opened startup script section in computer configuration.

I typed correct path to this script and as I tryed to press OK this error message happend:

"This script component is unable to save the changes due to error 32"

I am so sad about this problem

Re: Serious problem

Have you checked the error entries in the event logs ?
    Can you save it somewhere else and copy it afterwards into the desired directory using the windows explorer ?

Comment

What about copying the .vbs script to a directory on your DC. Create the GPO and then tell the GPO where the script is. I think at that point the script will get copied into the GPO's special file in the sysvol folder automatically?

Basically, I'm wondering if its some silly rights issue.
      Ken
      Senior Support Engineer
      Visual Click Software
      512-231-9990 x 2
      UK Support: 0800 814 1317

Comment

Please read carefully !!!!
        I try to use startup script (outlook.vbs) and I placed them in shared directory on server:
        "\\servername\root.domainname.sk\Policies\{31B2F34 0 -016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\scripts\Startup\"
        - this is default folder for startup scripts (for default domain policy)

And here are my log events from server
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Eica; 12th January 2006, 08:22.

Comment

Concerning the event files : haven't you got any security and system event files ?

What you can always try is the following : start up the filemonitor tool (freely available from the sysinternals site ).

Then start up the file monitor, create the script and save it (and get the error message).
          Then stop 'capturing events' in the file monitor. There you should see some file operation that failed.

Comment

I am not being facetious, I'm really asking because I'm curious if there is a best practice or a tip that I am missing out on. Heck, I didn't even know that the ID for the default domain policy was the same on everyone's domain. I, for some reason, thought it was always different.
            Anyway, what is the advantage to storing the script in the default domain policy folder, as opposed to storing the script within the actual directory that the created group policy is within. I have always just put scripts, template files, etc within the directory of the group policy that is utilizing it.
            Ken
            Senior Support Engineer
            Visual Click Software
            512-231-9990 x 2
            UK Support: 0800 814 1317

Comment

Working...
            X