gpo for gadgets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo for gadgets

can you help me, anybody know where i can find gpo that put calendar and clock gadgets on workstations in domain under windows server 2008 and workstations windows 7?
    thanks

Re: gpo for gadgets

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...group-policies
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes, but i cannot find option that show gadget on desktop

Comment

Not via a Group Policy Setting (these control gadgets generally) but others have met the same issue and someone has a script that can probably be adapted to suit your gadgets:
        http://halcoberry.blogspot.com.au/20...-computer.html
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm curious if this is being mandated by management... reason being, in my experience forcing stuff like this on your clients will irritate the majority of your users and only serve to degrade trust. Remember the user profile is sacred ground... never mess with the user experience without good reason.
          Rules of life:
          1. Never do anything that requires thinking after 2:30 PM
          2. Simplicity is godliness
          3. Scale with extreme prejudice

I occasionally post using a savantphone, so please don't laugh too hard at the typos...

Comment

Working...
          X