Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove group policy settings

Hi!

How can we completely remove the group policy settings.

Like if i have group policy for specifying Automatic detect settings.

I have only open of disabling it. How can i just make it in a way that there is no settings showing up for IE proxy Automatic detect settings.

Cant find any post or help related to this.

Thanks,

/C

Re: Remove group policy settings

Many group policy settings "tattoo" the registry so leave permanent changes. The only way to undo is to apply a new GPO with the reverse settings to the previous ones
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks.

Actually its not about reverting on clients

I have two policies. One is attached to top of OU and one to my workstation

MYOU
      group policy with Internet maintainence Show
      In this policy i have Automatic configuration Enable

->Workstation

This group policy attached to MYOU always wins. I want to get of policy attached to MYOU because its also effecting my group policy attached to Server OU.

Is there a way i can completed get rid of:

Just like there is no settings done for Internet maintainence gpo attached with MYOU.

Thanks,

/C

Comment

I have seen this on many of my servers. The "tattoo'ing" affect! It is annoying, I have just reset the local security policy to default to get rid of the annoyance's. Beware though when you do this, it could and most likely will break something that is in place that you are unaware of.

Comment

Thanks,

This is what I am looking for, something like that.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../dd673616.aspx

Comment

That disables the application of Group Policy but it does not "disable" or "reverse" the policy settings that have already taken effect.

If you right click the "Internet Explorer Maintenence" node in the GPO and select "Reset Browser Settings" That will clear those settings from the GPO and should reset them to their default settings on the clients the next time the GPO is applied.

Here's a good article on how GPO settings are applied to the registry of client machines:

http://www.gpoguy.com/FAQs/Whitepape...Tattooing.aspx

Comment

Thats not a problem. I already have a similar settings for proxy linked to Computer OU. This GPO is linked on the site and always wins.

There is no way if i can only remove the IE Mainienance settings from GPO?

See the attached picture.

Thanks,

C
              Attached Files

Comment

Did you read my answer? Especially this part:

If you right click the "Internet Explorer Maintenence" node in the GPO and select "Reset Browser Settings" That will clear those settings from the GPO and should reset them to their default settings on the clients the next time the GPO is applied.

Have you tried that yet?

Comment

Yes. Like i said I want to get rid of these settings in GPO because i have internet maintainence settings in my GPO linked to Computer OU. Once this setting is gone the winning GPO is the one linked to Computer OU and there i have Automatic detect settings.

Site A
                  GPO -> IE Maintenance -- IF i remove this below settings will apply.
                  Computer OU
                  GOP -> IE Maintenance

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                  X