Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline home directory with redirects

Hi all,

I cant seem to find out how to enable offline file sync's for a users home directory. Within GPO - UC\Admin Templates\Network\Offline Files if I set

Administratively assigned offline files to enable and add the value \\severname\profiles\%username%

This drive is mapping as thier H drive - but should this be a problem?

Thanks

Re: Offline home directory with redirects

Found it - the share settings didnt have the cache enabled. So - right click share - advanced sharing - caching - set in here.

Bingo!

Comment

Hi all,

Still having a few issues setting up offline file caching via group policy. The folders Im trying to make available offline are set within the administratively assigned offline files section and also set sub folders are available offline.

When I login with a connection the active sync looks like its ok - as soon as I pull the network connection and try logging in with cached credentials I get a red cross on the files and they are greyed out. After doing some research and turning off indexing the sync seems to stop with "the specified network name is no longer available" when it is as the cable is still plugged into the laptop.

Has anyone had issues with offline files and Windows 7 - and managed to overcome them?

Thanks

Comment

Just reading into this a little further - it appears users right have to be setup differently and based on this

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-fd90847d47b7

Users need specific access to the root share.

Again - can anyone shed some light on this for me? As Ive setup a test folder based on above and any user can access that folder which would house user profiles - obviously this isnt a good idea.

Comment

Working...
        X