Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log off if Roaming Proile missing in 2003 - Kids Hacking

Hello to all forum members,

I have a confusing problem at the moment and I was woundering anyone can help.

I work for a school and we have replaced an RM windows 2000 for a straight Server 2003 netowrk.

There was a gpo in 2000 that once set if the roaming profile failed to load the user was logged off. This was in place on all desktop machines because of a weakness.

If the student logs on and the network cable is pulled just after pressing enter, the system automaticly creates a tempory profile with local admin rights!

Even with the local admin account disabled they have full run of the local machine. Now within 5 mins you can load an exe in to a folder the is excempt from software restrictions like %programfiles%, jump into reg edit an add something to run.

This is an issue, we had enabled wait for network services to start and wait for roaming profile with detect slow link disabled but it can still be done!

this old policy is removed from 2003 do you have an idea how to stop this?

I need the system to stop creating temp profiles if roaming or local profiles do not exist. Any help with this would be great!

Many thanks for your time.

Paul Swainson

Re: Log off if Roaming Proile missing in 2003 - Kids Hacking

Hmm...

Its still there on my 2003 R2 server at home

Computer Config -> Admin Templates -> System -> User Profiles
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahinson; 17th December 2005, 08:25. Reason: Added Image
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Log off if Roaming Proile missing in 2003 - Kids Hacking

Thanks for that, don't know how I missed that one, I was already in there configuring detect slow connection!

Many thanks for your time

- Paul

Comment

Working...
      X