Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Desktop Wallpaper as Prefference

Setting Desktop Wallpaper as Preference
    I have desktop wallpaper configured via GPO which locks down the wallpaper settings and stops any changes.
    Now my boss decides people need to be able to change the wallpaper, but he wants the current wallpaper to be the default wallpaper on all systems unless the user changes it.
    This seemed pretty simple to do, just allow editing of the wallpaper in the GPO.. er no this didnít work, it appears if you set eth wallpaper UNC path you canít change it.
    I then thought about using there GPO preferences to set the wallpaper once & not re-apply, only problem is there isnít one for wallpaper.
    Can anyone suggest any other alternatives how this can be done via the registry or something?

Re: Setting Desktop Wallpaper as Prefference

The way we got around it was to remove the Wallpaper option and embed the image as part of our SOE.

This allows the user to change the wallpaper but the initial wallpaper is the one we set.

Comment

I had a feeling someone was going to say that so I did it last week.

Thanks for the advice. guess I'll leave it as that then rather than making more work for myself.

Comment

It appears you can do it by registry key (settable through GPPs):
        http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2011/03/b...er-background/
        (Scroll down for "method 2")
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nice find Tom.

Comment

Working...
          X