Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO reset

Hello,

How do you reset all group policies to default? I have messed around with multiple policies and have restricted the workstations quite a bit more than what I wanted to do. So, because I do not know what policy or policies have restricted the workstations, I want to reset them all and start from scratch. Please help

Re: GPO reset

tbh, with difficulty.

Most group policy settings are sticky, so even if you delete the GPO you will leave stuff behind on the computers.

You could try this (at your own risk, obviously):
    http://escapelogic.com/main/node/2
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Okay, so it sounds like deleting all policies may not be the safest thing to do. I am trying to download Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 to my server, but I am unable to because there is a policy that is not allowing me to. What section do I look for in group policy to change these settings.

Comment

Possibly Software Restiction Policies or, if you are at Server 2008, AppLocker
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X