GPO Inheritance issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO Inheritance issue

I am a contractor for several companies and all have different GPO's which is greatly pissing off my computer. Is there a way to disable gpupdate on my machine so that this machine only does not inherit any of their GPO settings?

Re: GPO Inheritance issue

Why would your client's GPO's be applied to your computer or user account... unless you've joined your computer to their domain and log on with a domain user account?

Comment

That is exactly what I have done their redundant DC's are hosted as a backup here. now GPO effects my PC in varied ways day to day, my main operational login on my PC is local and three of the six DC's are configured to not allow local login on workstations.

Comment

How can your PC be on 6 different domains at once?

IMHO put it on your domain (or workgroup) and remote into their DCs using IP if DNS isnt up to the job
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

To awnswer your question I have multi-boot in on the windows side I boot into two DC's and one workstation on Linux.. well there is no problem.. ever The only reason I do not mstsc into the DC is because I use their drives and printers constantly as I am trying to set up deployment of both.

Comment

Not workstation I met workgroup

Comment

Whilst it can be done from the client side It may be in breach of the company's policies and possibly OS EULA.
              The best and more proffesional way IMO is to approach the Domain administrators and request for your account to be exempt from the policies that stop you doing what you do.
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
              X