No announcement yet.

0x80070710 - Unable to copy file

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0x80070710 - Unable to copy file

I have a GPO which is supposed to copy a file using the computer preferences but it fails to copy the file.

When I checked the logs on the PC I see this error in the Application log:

The computer 'Wallpaper.jpg' preference item in the 'Wallpaper v4 - TEST {9CC3E1DA-B028-4318-AF82-D18A6A8B3B75}' Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070710 The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or local user account to access this server.' This error was suppressed.

The PC in question is a Windows 7 box,

I have the authenticated users group on the source & destination folder & also on the GPO. Ive also tried it with "Domain Admins" & the computer account but still I get the same.

Anyone know why?

Re: 0x80070710 - Unable to copy file

Found the solution to this one. I have the wallpaper.jpg on a Netapp filler storage server & for some reason it wont allow group policy to copy the files.

I put the wallpaper.jpg in the GPO on the DC (moved it off the Netapp) & it worked fine.

Google said it this:

As per Microsoft: "Possible reasons why Windows cannot copy this file include: a network connectivity problem, a file copy error, the failure of an application to release file handles on the roaming user profile files on the server, or incorrect permissions on the user's profile folders". See MSW2KDB for more details on this event.

As per Microsoft: "This issue may occur if the NetApp Filer has timing problems and returns incorrect SMB status codes. To resolve this issue, update the NetApp Filer to ONTAP Release 6.4.1D16". See M826379 for more details.

Re: 0x80070710 - Unable to copy file

Nice job on finding the solution AND posting it back here to share with the rest of the Community. It is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015