Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing with GPOs

OK.

I have been trying to secure our desktops and so far everything is looking up minus one small thing...

With the policy I have created if you double click on the desktop (in the middle were ever) you will open the start menu.

When I set the policy to a freshly created GPO no issues... Only thing changed is the GPO it self. This is across 25 machines.

Windows 2008 r2 Servers
    Windows 7 32bit Clients

I have googled and nothing comes to mind...

Any help here?

Re: playing with GPOs

Originally posted by Jeremyy
    With the policy I have created if you double click on the desktop (in the middle were ever) you will open the start menu.

When I set the policy to a freshly created GPO no issues... Only thing changed is the GPO it self.
    Long weekend here in OZ so I am a bit more brain dead than usual. Sorry but I don't think I understand what you are trying to convey.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

With my GPO enabled...

If you double click the desktop anywhere that will open the start menu.

Comment

So let me see if I get this right.
        Configuring the policy "double click anywhere on the desktop to open the start menu" on an existing GPO does not set the option on your clients.
        Originally posted by Jeremyy View Post
        When I set the policy "if you double click on the desktop (in the middle were ever) you will open the start menu" to a freshly created GPO... NO issues.
        Is this a User policy or a Computer policy? - Were can I find this 'double click opens start menu' policy??
        _

Originally posted by Jeremyy View Post
        OK. "playing with GPOs"
        I have been trying to secure our desktops. Only thing changed is the GPO it self. GPO enabled...Everything is looking up minus one small thing...

Any help here?
        Which policies are configured in the existing GPO - and are they Computer or User policies? Loopback processing configured?
        Are some of the policies of this GPO applied (which ones do and which ones don't?), or are none of the securing policies and this double-click policy being applied after you added the latter?

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I must be explaining this wrong...
          there's no policy called 'double click etc' its a bug or something.

I have a set policy with in GPO when enabled for all users in the container.

What literally happens is a user double clicks the desktops the start menus opens.

I have no idea why how or whats causing the problem.

I went in and enabled items both on Computer and User to lock down the PCs best as I can.

Comment

I think we would still need a list of the applied policies to help troubleshoot this issue. I have never seen or heard of the issue you're experiencing but knowing what you've configured might help to pinpoint the cause.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

with in the zip is a xml and html of the save report off the gpo.
              let me know if there is any other type of dump you way want.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X