Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy default domain policy?

Hi

Is it possible to copy the default domain policy? Everything I've read says right-click - copy/paste or drag and drop. Right-clicking does not reveal a copy or paste option and dragging/dropping seems to be inactive (nothing happens). I've tried this with the default domain policy and with application installation policies.

I have created a new OU in our domain (W2k8/W2k3). I want to copy the existing default domain policy to the new OU and edit it. I only use the default domain policy for applying GPO's as the network is very small and I discovered waaaay too late that this is not a recommended practice...

Any help or insights appreciated.

Thanks.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Copy default domain policy?

You should be able to backup the Default Domain Policy, create another GPO and then use the import option. The import option will allow you to use the backup and just import the settings.

Comment

I was trying to copy from the Default Domain Policy node in the tree. After reading a little more of Microsoft's Planning and Deploying Group Policy document I realised that I need to use the GPO entry in the Group Policy Objects node.

Thanks - you've put me on the right track. I also realised that what I thought was a backup was not a backup at all, so that is another plus

As they say, RTFM!
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
        X