Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Configuration

HI team,

I new to server and looking for crazy stuff.I have 50 users and i troubleshoot desktops and servers.

My question : out of this 50 users 40 are developers for these 40 the machines has full admin rights and without admin rights there unable to work properly.how can configure developer machine without admin rights.I f this is not possible how to block installation of files with affecting developer tools from running,as some need access to framework temporary files on blocking this it does not get access.Please help me with this one.

Re: Group Policy Configuration

Give us a couple of clues...
    Is it an AD domain, if so what level
    What OS?
    What development tools?
    What actual issues are you facing?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for Update.Below are the details for your post,

Is it an AD domain, if so what level

Yes it In Active directory, I have administrative level to it.

What OS?

Windows Server 2003 client PC Windows XP and windows 7

What development tools?

Microosft Visual studio 2008 , Sql 2008 , Sql 2005 ,TFS and Microsoft Visual studio 2010 etc

What actual issues are you facing?

If users does not have admin rights users unable to access IIS or work with Above application properly.I have tried with soultion provided in internet but still i am unable to resolve this.Due to this user have full admin right on client pc and which is a security issues for me to monitor users from installing unwanted software.

Let me know for any further details need.
      Last edited by rocktalecity; 13th February 2012, 14:26.

Comment

You could consider looking at shims using the Microsoft ACT tool. This will allow the applications the required admin access without granting local administrator access.

Comment

Developers tend to need local admin rights to do their job properly -- why are these permissions not suitable.

Concur re ACT
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Can you please briefly explain me steps in configuring it. This also need to be support for Windows XP client machines.

Comment

Working...
            X