No announcement yet.

Firefox GPO on User Configuartion

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox GPO on User Configuartion

In GPO on a windows server 2003 I download the firefox.adm Template. Then add this on User Configuatrion add template. The Template appear in Computer configutation not user configuation. We use IE to lock internet usage using Proxy on If the user use firefox it bypass the proxy getting onto the internet. I want to GPO firefox to use the proxy that all the other use it. Our proxy is set on User in our Active directory OU.

IE Proxy
    Firefox proxy I don't want to go each machine setting the firefox proxy manually

I Can I just link the GPO to computer in the OU and the users?
    Attached Files

Re: Firefox GPO on User Configuartion

is this perhaps the ADM you downloaded

The ADM lines starts with CLASS MACHINE thast makes it a computer configuration policy. Users don't have permissions to edit entries in HKLM anyway.

According to this article here (where you also can find the above url to the same ADM-file) "Currently the add-on will read its preferences from HKLM or HKCU \Software\Policies\Mozilla\LockPref for locked settings and HKLM or HKCU \Software\Policies\Mozilla\defaultPref for normal users preferences."
    So apparently it'd be possible for this ADM to change CLASS MACHINE to CLASS USER before adding the template (by right clicking on: User Configuration / Policies / Administrative Templates )
    Then link the GPO to the users.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts