Deleting registry entries under HKCU for all users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting registry entries under HKCU for all users

I am creating a policy to apply wallpaper for all users on the domain. I created the policy and applied it but it wasn't working. I later realised that there was an old policy that had created registry entries under HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop. My challenge is how to use Group policy preferences to delete under this hive since when I create it, it picks from my user account and that can't apply to all users. I can't use it under Computer Configuration because the users have already logged on before to the network. Has anyone run into a similar issue or has an idea on how I can solve this?

Re: Deleting registry entries under HKCU for all users

You will need to use the HKEY_USERS\SID entries as opposed to the HKCU entries to maniplulate the registry for your users.

I use psgetsid from pstools: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb897417 to translate usernames to the SIDs, this can be done with a for loop and a text file containing the list of usernames, then use the SIDs to make your registry entries.

Comment

Re: Deleting registry entries under HKCU for all users

Doing this on a domain with quite a large number of users will be very hectic

Comment

Working...
      X