How do I disable USB printer via GPO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I disable USB printer via GPO?

Maybe I am not searching for the right words but I need help in disabling USB printer via GPO. So far, I have a GPO that will allow users Read Only for USB storage and an exception group to have Read/Write.

Environment is Windows 7 with Windows 2003 AD.

Re: How do I disable USB printer via GPO?

Need more info on your setup. eg:
    what is the printer attached to?
    is the printer SHARED?
    do you still want others at different workstations to have access to thus USB printer on a network?
    etc
    etc
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Requirement is user should not be able to add a local printer to the laptop. They should have the ability to print to network printers in the LAN.

Comment

When I said local printers, that mean it can be attached USB, parallel, TCP/IP, LPR port, etc.

Comment

IIRC they need power user or maybe administrator to install locally connected printers, but normal users acan connect to a network printer, so restricted groups may do it
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

That is the case in XP but does not seem to be the case in Windows 7. I have a regular domain user account and I was able to create a local printer using the Stanard TCP/IP port. I need to create a local user account just to make sure this is possible. If it's possible, this is definitely not what I want. I need to know how to restrict users from doing so.

Comment

Working...
            X