GPO not applied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO not applied

We are cleaning our GPO's. We wanted to test some GPO's and we've seen that many rules aren't applied on the users after gpupdate and gpupdate /force.

It's really weird. Hoping to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Olivier

Re: GPO not applied

I'm hoping you get it fixed too.
    Best of luck.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by seotube View Post
      We are cleaning our GPO's. We wanted to test some GPO's and we've seen that many rules aren't applied on the users after gpupdate and gpupdate /force.

It's really weird. Hoping to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Olivier
      We really need some details about your setup Olivier.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        We really need some details about your setup Olivier.
        I can say this: background of desktop changed but settings in Internet Explorer didn't change.

How can I give you more details?

Greetings,

Olivier

Comment

You can try running gpresult from a command prompt and seeing which policies are applied.

Or from the group policy management console you can find the 'group policy results' box, right click and start the wizard, choosing the right computer and choosing the appropriate user.

it should tell u whats happening and give you a more clear picture.
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

I've just ran the Group Policy Results Wizard.

I see below the Denied GPO's almost al my GPO's with the reason "access denied (security filtering)".

Only my default domain controllers policy was applied.

I hope it's not a big deal these errors.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Olivier

Comment

I've been trying some things with the security settings of users and groups. Has it something to do with this?

Comment

I would probibaly create new GPO's and link them to the OU's and see if the new ones apply.
                Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
                I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
                MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

I've already tried this but I've got the same error. For computer and user configuration.

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
                  I would probibaly create new GPO's and link them to the OU's and see if the new ones apply.

Comment

sounds like you may be using WMI filtering.
                    I had a GPO recently that I created, copied off an existing, that had "2008 WMI filtering" enabled, based on 2 security groups.

For some reason, it simply wasn't working. I got frustrated and passed it up to another colleague, who removed the wmi filtering, and changed it to a different type, and it worked.

you could also try the gposecfix command, or whichever it is
                    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I've deleted everything. Cleaned the default domain policy. Made a custom default domain policy linked it to the domain and all the OU's.

Changed in the computer policy the loopback setting to replace instead of merge.

Did the group policy results test and now I can see that my new custom default domain policy is in the section of applied GPO's in the computer and user summary configuration.

Is it good that I've taken out the domain users group out of the security filtering part of my new custom Default domain policy?

Comment

well.. as it's a default policy, you normally wouldn't want to apply any specific filtering..

Comment

Working...
                        X