Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPO - not been applied after adding user.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO - not been applied after adding user.

Hello.
    I origianally added a user account to the wrong place in a GPO
    i added the user to the deligation tab, then removed it. It's turned out that all the gpo's where i added this user no longer work.

when i have checked a little further into it, i read that the gpo isnt applied because the wmi filter says its false (even tho it should be applied)

the gpo uses a wmi filter to check what os/screen resolution the pc has, then applies it if it meets that criteria.
    It did work till i added that account to the wrong place.

Any ideas what I can do to trouble shoot why this isnt been applied?
    thanks.
    Attached Files
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: GPO - not been applied after adding user.

also another piece of info is that sophos is sending constant notifications

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Scan: Daily scan
    Machine: machine01

File "C:\WINNT\ScreenSaver_1152_864.scr" has been identified as suspicious file of type 'Sus/Behav-1018'.
    If you are unsure whether the file can be authorized, please send a sample to Sophos.

This looks like to be only happening on windows 2000 machines.

Any ideas on how to fix either of these?
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Re: GPO - not been applied after adding user.

gpos does work for other usesrs?

As far as i understand - gpos apply to user once - C if this work - try to disable settings log on/log off and enable setting once more.

If that doesn't work, try to recreate user (delete first) and include it in the OU the gpos are linked to.

Other than that. i'll need more info.

Comment

Working...
      X