gpo not apply in srv 2k8 r2 to win xp client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo not apply in srv 2k8 r2 to win xp client

I've created a gpo and link it to user ou. I had it working, but now it does not apply. No conlflicts in local machine or user gp, nothing in default domain gpo. Any ideas what went wrong? I'm clueless.

Re: gpo not apply in srv 2k8 r2 to win xp client

What changed between it working and it not working?

Are the settings in this policy computer or user settings?

Does gpupdate /force do anything?

What does gpresult and rsop.msc show?

Do other GPOs work for this user/computer?

Does this GPO fail for one user/computer or all users/computers?

Anything in the event logs?

What have you tried?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

here's what i'm trying to accomplish. my users need a struchture created with a secific link.

There's a gpo that i've allready linked to users ou that removes "add and remove progs.."' (prior requirement), it worked fine until the new requirement, i've then added the new requirement.

rsop shows that user does not have RSOP data, modeling shows that everything should work fine. RCP and WMI are running on machine.

tried to change it back ... nada. eventlog shows nothing wrong.

I've also tried to create a new gpo, again, noting. Any gpo i create just doesn't work.

I don't get it. where else should i look?
      Last edited by icecold; 31st July 2011, 23:28.

Comment

Well, i finally got the prior gpo to work again

Just deleted the accounts and recreated theme (like i haven't tried that a gazilion times) + i've separated to two gpos.

One just for the sortcut structure still does not apply. Gpresult show that it was filtered out, strangely - default domain policy and local group policy were filtered out as well.

Any ideas? - an answer will be deeply appriciated

Comment

I geuss i'm on my own here.

Comment

Please give people a chance -- we are all volunteers so do have real lives to attend to.

If you require immediate help, contact (with credit card) Microsoft PSS

You could try using dcgpofix to reset the default policy, and deleting your GPO, then recreating

Also do some general AD diagnostics as you probably have deeper problems you need to get to the root of
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

U are right, sorry. I appreciate and respect your time (all of u).

Ossian, i allready tried that - thats how i managed to get my prior gpos working again.

I realized that although i've linked and enabled my gpos - some how the setting tab showed that no user configuretion were set([email protected]?!?).

Thats way it was showing empty when i ran gpresult - i corrected that - but still, i cant get that structure to create on the users desktop, gpresult shows that the gpo is applied.

One more thing i've tried is to link it on domain level - it does apply - so i'm prety confused.

Here a screen shut of the settings - PLZ let me know if i'm doing something wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	structure.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	464893
              Last edited by icecold; 6th August 2011, 22:07.

Comment

Dear Icecold ,

is that the only policy that not applied?

if so , try to change the shortcut properties for "target type : aplication"
                and put Quotes on the path , fill in the "start in" .

maybe that will work...

o , and check the time sync , i have had alot of problems with that ,
                we actualy have like 20 Read only DC over IPVPN and they all lost sync all the time...had alot of problems with that...
                * we now have net time every 5 minuits...

Comment

I appriciate ur help

can't really change to application - its SRV 2K8 R2.

strangely time sync doesn't match the time on SRV - it does change, but shows 1 hour late?!?!?

I'm not sure that thats the broblem - all other gpos do work. I'm tring to figure out if its a broblem with the machine (most likely)

Comment

Working...
                  X