Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO for pending restart value

Hi!

I have a vb script that checks if there is the computer requires reboot after the windows update has been installed. IF i run the script on local computer and the computer requires a reboot it restarts the computer.

Where i can place this vb script on my OU to check for pending restart on computers?

Thanks

Re: GPO for pending restart value

GPO scripts are Startup, Logon, Logoff and Shutdown, so if you do not fit any of them, you will need to create a scheduled task (through Group Policy Preferences, possibly) to run the script

IMHO logon or logoff will probably do?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks for your reply.

I tested it locally but if its not working when the computer is locked or in active mode. All i want is to push the GPO somewhere during the night time so that it check all computers as soon as the policy refreshes on the computers and if they require a restart it just do that.

Regards,

C

Comment

thanks for the schedule task hint. i guess i can be able to do it via that. I will test it.

/C

Comment

Working...
        X