Group Policy Empty List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Empty List

How can I define empty list in Group polic?

For example, I do not want anyone to change the system time, how can I define this settings?

Also, I need to remove all the susbsystems from the following group policy entry. I can see the entry in the group policy from a Windows 7 PC, but how do I define the empty list?
    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

Re: Group Policy Empty List

What do you mean an empty list?

A group policy will show you a list of possible settings. If none of them are set then the policy has no settings and will not do anything. They will still show up though.

Comment

For example, I do not want anyone to change the system time, so in Group Policy I have selected the check box , define this policy and not added any users.
      However on the client side, I always see "Local Service" under added list and I can not remove it manually.
      Last edited by avilt; 26th May 2011, 01:41.

Comment

This is normal behaviour
        Are you saying you want to hide the information from users?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The computer are required to disjoin the domain and resetting the local security settings to their default settings using the following command.

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

How to reset local security policy settings to default in Windows XP and Vista
          http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/reset...curity-policy/
          " DreaM is not what u saw in Sleep,
          DreaM is that which not let u Sleep "

Life is Beautiful..!!!
          `.) Always
          `.(`.) Keep
          (`.). Smiling!
          `..
          Raj only raj

Comment

What on earth has this got to do with GROUP POLICIES ?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X