GPO Create Time Different

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO Create Time Different

When I create a new GPO, and verify it using GPO tool. I am noticing the following:

Friendly name: Test Policy 2

Created: 5/16/2011 7:52:37 PM

Changed: 5/16/2011 7:52:37 PM

Although it shows that the policy was created at 7:52pm EST, it actually was created at 3:52pm. I have confirmed that the DC with the PDC are syched with time.nist.gov. And the time seems to be correct. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: GPO Create Time Different

IIRC Windows works with GMT (UT) deep down, so +4 hours looks about right
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: GPO Create Time Different

Originally posted by Godtum View Post
      When I create a new GPO, and verify it using GPO tool. I am noticing the following:

Friendly name: Test Policy 2

Created: 5/16/2011 7:52:37 PM

Changed: 5/16/2011 7:52:37 PM

Although it shows that the policy was created at 7:52pm EST, it actually was created at 3:52pm. I have confirmed that the DC with the PDC are syched with time.nist.gov. And the time seems to be correct. Anyone have any suggestions?
      On the 'Details' tab of the GPO you can find the 'Unique ID' of the object.
      Use Windows explorer to browse to \\domain.local\sysvol\domain.local\policies
      Find the subfolder named after the unique ID. Open Properties of that folder, what is the creation date and time it is showing there?

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
      X