Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Attachment Size with GPO

Server 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2007 SP1

I want to allow the sending and receiving of large attachments for a handful of users. Can I create a GPO that will set the send and receive connectors for the majority of mailboxes at a lower number than the chosen few?

Thanks

Re: Limit Attachment Size with GPO

nope, you absolutely cannot do this with GPO.

In fact, I'm fairly certain you cannot do this on a per-user basis either.

you MIGHT be able to do it on a per-server basis, if you put your specific servers on a certain Exchange server. This assumes, of course, you have a multi-server environment.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

This is something that can be controlled by the Exchange server and not a client, therefore No GPO can come to the aid.
      I believe for internal mail, attachement size the set in the user mailboxes overrules the one set for the organisation.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        nope, you absolutely cannot do this with GPO.

In fact, I'm fairly certain you cannot do this on a per-user basis either.

you MIGHT be able to do it on a per-server basis, if you put your specific servers on a certain Exchange server. This assumes, of course, you have a multi-server environment.
        Nope, single server.

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
        This is something that can be controlled by the Exchange server and not a client, therefore No GPO can come to the aid.
        I believe for internal mail, attachement size the set in the user mailboxes overrules the one set for the organisation.
        Actually, it was a stupid question on my part. I guess Im still in denial that I cant do this, as tehcamel pointed out to me in an Exchange thread last month. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X