Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large amounts of data for folder redirection?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large amounts of data for folder redirection?

Hey guys, we are thinking about implementing folder redirection over the typical h:\ with offline files

My concern is that a lot of the users tend to save stuff to their desktop some 10Gb of files "work related". Assuming disk space is no constraint on the server, is there going to issues with users with huge amounts of data being synced to the server??

can anyone also please tell me on some common issues that pop up with folder redirection thanks

User size approx 400

Re: Large amounts of data for folder redirection?

well, redirected folders aren't syncing per say.

It's just like using a network drive for the desktop folder. It's different to offline folders - it's not dragging all the files over the network every time, like a roaming profile would.

does this help at all ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Remember that database files such as Access databases or PSTs really shouldn't be opened from a network location as you greatly increase the risk of corruption.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

ahh i understand... but when it does its initial sync it puts a copy on the server??

Comment

Originally posted by krayzie View Post
          ahh i understand... but when it does its initial sync it puts a copy on the server??
          If specified on the policy, otherwise No, it'll just record the path of the destination alongside other info.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X