No announcement yet.

Folder Security Permissions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Security Permissions

I've looked on the fourm and google but couldn't find the solution to this issue and I was wondering if someone can poiint me in the right direction:

I've a list of around 120 files nad folders that I need to set the security permissions on for all computers in my domain (around 1500) I'd like to be able to do this via a GPO policy int he security settings field, but I can't see any way to import this in to here. The only way appears to be doing a manual search for each file on my computer to add this in.

is there any way to either import this or script it? I can see the security templates you can create locally which imports alot of the files, but even this way I'd have to manually create each folder on my computer (as I dont have all these software folders installed) and all files to make this....

thanks in advance for any pointers.

Re: Folder Security Permissions

Keep in mind that unless you've disabled inheritance, any permission changes you make to a folder should also propagate down to subfolders and files.

As for scripting it, you could write a logon script using cacls or similar to modify the permissions.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.