No announcement yet.

Using Restricted Groups to grant local admistrator to laptop

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Restricted Groups to grant local admistrator to laptop

i need your help..

i know to use the Restricted Groups, however, i need to know how i can allow laptop users to have local admin right with giveing the ablity to remove any user from the local administrators group.

this is what i did:
    i have Restricted the local administrators to have the following:
    domain\domain admin
    domain\laptop users

now, every user in the group laptop users will have a full access on other laptops. what i want is the Restricted the local administrators group in this way:
    domain\domain admin

and i don't want the user to have any rights to delete the reset of the administrator group..

any help...

Re: Using Restricted Groups to grant local admistrator to laptop

If a user is a local administrator, then they will have the necessary permissions to remove other users from the administrators group.

If a user can't be trusted with these permissions, then don't make them a local admin.

If you're giving them admin rights because of an application experiencing compatibility issues, then you should contact the application vendor to fix their product.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.